Monday, January 13, 2014

Winter in New England AKA the Death of Fitness

Don't you hate it when your (negative) premonitions come true?

We knew it would be hard to maintain the same level of fitness once winter hit -- and we got back into the normal insane routine of life.  We were totally right.

I asked Santa (are your parents still considered Santa when you're an adult?) for a gift card to REI for Christmas to stock up on cold weather gear and new sneakers.

First things first I got these bad boys .... Salomon XR Mission .  They are like couches for the feet, folks.




And this Jacket- which actually unexpectedly coordinates quite perfectly with the sneakers. The good news is I pretty much glow in the dark now.



I've used them on the (very) few days that the snow and ice have been melted enough to walk without breaking my neck.  Have I mentioned I hate winter in New England?

The good news is at least I'm comfortable when I can get out.

I also got this super handy gadget for Christmas: Fitbit Flex.  It tracks my steps, tracks calories and water in take etc.  It's pretty fantastic.  It also validates my knowledge that I am a seriously crappy sleeper in my old age.

This week involves me going down to the gym and joining it - got to have something regular until this winter ends.  Because fitness is awesome and makes me a much, much nicer person.  Just ask my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment