Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Ambition is overrated

I decided soup sounded good on the way home tonight.  Because it's in the single digits with the windchill.  I had made a broth from the chicken I roasted (my LORD I'm such a good Italian wife now) so figured I'd do an Italian Wedding Soup since the kid likes it.  We stopped at the market on the way home and got a couple of things I needed to make it.  I started it at 6:30.  It's 9:30 and we have still not eaten.  Because I suck at making soup.  This girl needs a recipe and I was just sort of throwing things into the pot.

Dora fixed it because she's an ACTUAL Italian and doesn't need those silly recipes.  

I gave up on having it ready for Arden so made her a cheeseburger.  So much for not being a short order cook.  

I had plans for a whole lot of other stuff tonight but guess what's not happening?

I should have just made pancakes for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment