Sunday, January 5, 2014

Double Feature

Sunday is not my favorite day of the week.  Sure, it's the weekend, but really it's just the day before the insanity begins anew.


We decided to leap outside the proverbial box and go to a double feature on this last day of school vacation.

We all wanted to see this again:



Yes, we'd already seen it twice.  And yes, we would see it again tomorrow.  The story is special.  The music is glorious.  It is the first movie I've ever seen three times in the theater. Arden has already requested we go again next weekend. Ha!  It can't come out of video soon enough.  I can't remember the last time all three of us agreed so very much on a movie.

Then we saw the movie Dora and I have been so excited about, Saving Mr. Banks.  Tom Hanks - my future husband (it's cool, Dora knows) - plus Disney plus Mary Poppins?  Yes please.





I loved every second.  I could see it again tonight.  It was funny and tear inducing all at once. Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson were spectacular.  The story is special -- even more so because it's real.  And it left me wanting to know the rest of Mrs. Travers' story.

It was incredibly intense.  I wouldn't take a child younger than Arden - she really was too young for some of the themes  and lots went of her head, but she was intrigued enough to pay attention.  The bottomless candy, popcorn and soda probably didn't hurt either.

So it may have been Sunday, and I may have had to come home and make lunch and iron clothes and steel myself for the week, but today...today was a good day.  






No comments:

Post a Comment