Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend Ramblings

In theory, mine was a long weekend.  In practice, it feels way too short.  I took Friday off to tend to some stuff at the house.  We're starting to line up different contractors and services to prepare the house for going on the market in the spring.

I did at least manage to decorate for fall.  See?

(PS: This photo makes me not want to list our house.  I love our house.  I hate our city.  We are conflicted.)


Friday was the annual ice cream social at Arden's school.  And because she is awesome she surprised me with a cup to share.  And she got me two cherries since they are my favorite part of a sundae. 


Post social we made a beeline for soccer practice, then a mad dash for home so I could drop her with Dora and head off to an event for work.

Floating Hospital for Children has an amazing partnership with WKLB Country 102.5.  They raise money for us in a number of ways, one of those is through a concert series.  One of the concerts was Friday night.  Cole Swindell put on a terrific show.  And we had front row seats.  Well, front row standing room.  You should buy his CD when it comes out.  Or download it, because it's 2013 and who buys CDs anymore.  (Ahem, I do.)  

Also, how cool would it be to be a musician?  I think people who pursue their dreams to become musicians (or actors or artists or..or...or...) are outstanding, and I envy their bravery.  There's no safety net for these people, but they do it because they love it.


Saturday morning we headed out bright and early for soccer.   I am way too invested in my 8 year old's soccer games.  Like, I belong on Soccer Moms a la Dance Moms.  I may start bringing Mimosas instead of coffee to the games.  You know, just to take the edge off.  


Next up (I know, isn't this exciting?!) we had hair appointments.  They were desperately needed and my hair looked awesome for the 11 seconds post appointment that I didn't have it pulled back in a soccer mom ponytail.  See?  (This picture will disappear in 3, 2...)


He trimmed A's hair and put it in a fancy ponytail.  Something so perfect about this photo.  Fancy hair and a soccer uniform.  (Also, how gorgeous is our kid's chameleon hair?  Red for fall.)


We got home and I hit the market, then took one of our newfangled family walks.  Nothing extraordinary, just a mile to take the edge off the dogs and ourselves. 

I ended the evening making a great steak dinner.  It was so great that I had no desire to eat it once I finished cooking.  Why does that happen? 

I also made Giada's California Turkey Chili last night so that it could sit overnight (allowing the flavors to marry...see, I should have my own Food Network show).  We'll have that for dinner tonight and it will work as lunches for a couple of days too.  

This morning has been quiet.  Dora took off to the barn first thing to see some of her friends ride in a horse show the barn is hosting.  I made the kid breakfast and got her lunches for the week set and now we are doing this:


I have 11,000 things I have to do and somewhere in there I have to drive her to her soccer training academy.  It's a really lovely day outside, the Vitamin D will do us both good.  (Did that sound convincing?  What I wouldn't give for a full day at home.)

Next weekend the Topsfield Fair starts and I'm basically out of my skin excited.  It is my favorite fall tradition. 

Did you stay awake for this whole entry?  If so, watch your mailbox for a surprise. 

So as you can see, The Gay Agenda is in full swing here.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Erin - I just caught up on a bunch of your posts! This is Jeni Stork, btw....just my work email address that logs me into comments. WAY TO GO! This blog is freakin' fantastic and so fun to read Thank you for sharing your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeni! Glad that someone actually reads it, LOL.

    ReplyDelete