Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I started three posts this weekend and finished a whopping zero.  One I fell asleep writing.  Figured if I fell asleep writing it it probably wasn't that prophetic.

We are a few weeks into this healthier living commitment.  We are, if I do say so myself, doing pretty great.  I am really good at not being a hero when it comes to this stuff.  We are exercising daily - with the exception of yesterday I've gone for at least a walk every day for the last couple of weeks.  Every other day has been a Zombies Run.  Arden and I finished Week 2 Day 3 this evening.  It was arse kicking tonight.  Arden suggested we run up and down the stairs and the hills at the Reservoir.  Watch out, Jillian Michaels.  This is from the bottom of the hill looking up.  What'd I ever do to her?




This is all working quite well but I do fear the impending winter.  Running outside in 15 degree weather is about as likely as me voting for Mitt Romney.  We are looking at gyms that have indoor tracks so Arden can join -- that's key.  We've only found one option at this point, and it's not terribly convenient nor is it cheap.  And the only thing she could use is the indoor track.  All other areas are limited to 14+.   Family fitness in the winter seems to be hard to come by.  This is New England, people, that should not be!

So, this all seems to be working.  Arden is getting fit.  I envy how fast it has happened for her.  She's not even winded when she finishes running.  

Anyhoo.  Next up is making winter exercise plans and diversifying my workouts to some extent on off days.  It may be time to brush off the Yoga Booty Ballet DVDs.


No comments:

Post a Comment