Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dear Summer ... GO AWAY

Lucy is channeling me tonight:


This is after our 40 minute walk, which I took because I needed to walk the other dog or she would drive us all nuts tonight.  Instead, she looked like this (yes, we still have the gorgeous hospital bed.  They're all the rage these days.)


Family fitness activity of the night was this:


They just put a heater in the family pool, and it was EMPTY.  Which means it was awesome.  Dora was cleared to swim yesterday, so after the kiddo got home from the school we hit the pool for an hour.  It was glorious.  How many calories does one burn when running back and forth (length wise) across a pool for an hour with a kid on your back?  I'm going to go with 11,000.

Anyhoo, I had planned to skip the walk tonight due to the insane humidity, but after I emerged from the pool it felt chilly, so I came back to the house and changed and hit the road with both dogs.

Let's talk about how it being chilly was an illusion.  The humidity was still killer.  But I did 2.1 miles with two naughty, misbehaved dogs and didn't drop dead or decide to let the dogs run free into the woods.  I get 2 stars for that.  Trust me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment