Monday, September 16, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality; Reality Bites; Etcetera Etcetera

Well, dear readers (all 9 of you!), we've returned to reality.  We moved back home this weekend and are getting settled back in.

Of note:



  • We still love (love) our house.  It is full of 1910 awesome.
  • Builders are better at insulating now.  We're feeling the shift back to the old house.
  • Arden is utterly delighted to be home.  We would not have seen her Sunday if it hadn't been for soccer.
  • I spent Sunday in the kitchen.  I roasted chicken and made ham salad and baked pumpkin bread and truly embraced the charm (realtor word!) of our old kitchen.
  • We took our first family walk through the 'hood in several years.  It reinforced Dora's desire to move, despite bullet #1.  Cities are not her friend.
  • She realized just how damn hilly it is around here.
  • We both survived our first days back at work.
  • Feeling all gung-ho I hit the road with Shelby after work.  We did 4.27 miles and well, ouch.
  • It's going to take some magic to make this whole work-life balance thing work out in the way we were hoping.  It's a lot easier to exercise as a family when neither of us has to go to the office.
  • The lottery is $400M tomorrow.  We're playing.  See above bullet.
  • I spent most of today's walk on relatively high traveled roads.  Shelby maintains her fear of cars.  She and Dora need to live on a ranch in the midst of 100 acres.  Which leads me back to my obsession: The Pioneer Woman.  Can't you see me living on a ranch, rounding up cattle and working from dawn till dusk and homeschooling the child?  I thought so.
Man, I'm interesting.  Amazing this blog hasn't gone viral, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. If your Pioneer Woman fantasy comes true, I want to live in the Lodge. The one with a fancy kitchen and full Wi-Fi that you will build on the property :D

    ReplyDelete