Monday, March 18, 2013

Hindsight is Awesome

Day 1 of the Fitness Challenge is coming to a close.  It was a very produce filled day.  And lacked coffee entirely.  Not something in the plan, just wanted to see if I could do it.  Good news, I'm still breathing.  And I don't think I was much crankier than usual.  ;)

I certainly got my produce in today - kicked off the day with a Green Smoothie (spinach, strawberries, raspberries and a banana) and closed it out with Cauliflower Fried Rice.  I will be experimenting with the rice - what a perfect substitute for the actual thing!  There are oodles of recipes online using it as a base.

I hit the gym this evening.  Totally mind over matter, I did not want to go.  I wanted to stay home and catch up on Army Wives.  But I didn't. 3 gold stars for me!

Anyway, I have been having a fair amount of pain in one of my heels.  I had planned to just walk today, but ended up starting the Couch to 5K program and well, I think that was pretty dumb.  It felt fabulous in the moment, but a couple of hours later I'm limping.  A lot.  I have no idea what is wrong with my foot.  The pain started when I missed a stair a couple of weeks ago.  Thought it was part of the irritated ankle.  Alas, it's not improving.  And I think I made worse.

Tomorrow's fitness will be shoveling the incoming 12 inches of snow, so I won't be using my foot like I would on a normal gym day.  Hoping for improvement.  If it doesn't I guess I'll be on the elliptical and in yoga until it improves.

And on that note, I'm off to sleep.  Apparently 0 caffeine intake plus exercise has left me feeling tired.  I might be on to something here.


No comments:

Post a Comment