Sunday, March 17, 2013

Challenge Me This

At the beginning of the year I joined a Fitness Challenge with a bunch of friends.  I lasted a whopping 2 of the 8 weeks before throwing in the towel.  I don't even really know why other than life is stressful and emotional eating and skipping the gym is what I do when there is stress.

The group is starting a new challenge this week.  I rejoined.  Because you know what?  Drinking calorie-laden drinks and eating processed, simpler than simple carbs isn't going to find us a house we like, or make our current house worth more, or fill our bank account with endless cash, or...or...or...

Dora and I have been contemplating doing a Whole30 together starting April 1, so I figure I might as well get a head start on the changes.

They aren't rocket science.  Drink lots of water.  Eat lots of veggies and fruit.  Don't eat crap, but if you do, do so in moderation.  And, of course, move more.  (The Whole30 is a different beast.  No dairy.  Like...no milk or cream in my coffee.  So basically...no coffee.  But we'll deal with that in April.  I'll be SUPER nice in April.)

Anyhoo.  I'll be spending quality time at Planet Fitness and starting yoga at the new Lawrence Yoga Collaborative (www.lawrenceyoga.com).  Maybe the yoga will help me find my inner peace.

I plan to tackle the Couch to 5K program again in prep for the Color Run in July.  And maybe a 5K at Disney in 2014.  Every once in awhile I contemplate doing the Disney Half Marathon, but I'm still not convinced that running 13.1 miles, even through the happiest place on Earth, is a good idea.

With Spring impending, this is all easier.  Lots of outdoor dates with the kiddo with her on her bike and me on my feet, and early morning weekend walk-runs through the neighborhoods await me.

I can do this. I will do this. And if I don't I'm out another $25 for naught and that's just wasteful.

Namaste.

1 comment: