Monday, April 19, 2010

The Many Faces of Arden

First, today was the 114th running of the famed Boston Marathon. Our friend Veronica ran it today, her first ever marathon. Not only did she complete the entire 26.2 miles, she raised more than $5,400 for the Hoyt Foundation, which is dedicated to helping physically disabled people become active members of their community. Veronica is the hero of the day.

We wanted to celebrate her in some way, and Dora suggested flowers. I visited Chaba Florists, the fantastic flower shop near my office. It's one of those great places where you walk in, give them a price point and just wait to be dazzled. And, as you'll see below...they have dazzled me once again. If you need flowers and live in Boston, they are in Chinatown.


Yesterday, Dora introduced Arden to Xena: Warrior Princess. Arden loved it and took it as an opportunity to practice her moves. Moves are below. Yes, that's a rake. It's what was convenient. Who has time to look for one of their 12 swords?


Mid jump.

And now to the other face of Arden. I was paged to the bedside after putting her to bed. "Mommy, come see my look." Upon arrival at the top of the stairs I see this:



This, you see, is "What I will be wearing in Uncle Bobby's wedding."



No comments:

Post a Comment