Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you ready for some football?

Arden and I stayed home on Wednesday. It is my typical work at home day, and most of the time she wants to go to school but the sly one managed to convince me to keep her home with me. The beauty of working at home is getting to do chores around the house while I'm working (by the way, when did being able to do stuff around the house become a privilege?). I did not clean alone yesterday. And yes, she's wearing a gypsy skirt over her jammies and her Keens from last year which she pulled out of her closet. I'm not sure how she managed to stuff her feet into them.


We've been drowning in rain for days. During these rainstorms I praise that we live on a hill and not in a flood zone. Naturally, I curse the hill during the snow. Why is it we're never quite satisfied? Anyway, we dried out today and the sun came out. The kid and I spent awhile playing outside after we got home today. I appreciate the warmth of spring so much more now that I live in a place with real seasons. In SLO, 60s was not warm, 60s was jacket weather.

The kid pulled out the football she convinced me to buy during some trip to Old Navy last year and we spent 45 minutes playing ball.

Here she is showing me how she catches the ball and pulls it into her body. Pops taught me well, and I'm passing along the knowledge. Arden tells me Pops will be impressed when he comes here in May. And that we will play ball together, but not Grandma Joanne, because she is medium, and only big people play football. Chew on that for awhile.



Looking a tad worse for the wear after a hard day on the plagyround. And yes, she's wearing her snow boots. Don't ask.



Look at that arm!


Action shot



Spring is coming -- the flowers are back in the lawn. Arden loves these flowers -- hence the photograph. One guess who took this photo.




Having a 'lotta' -- which means sitting under an umbrella and having a conversation. Or so I'm told.


No comments:

Post a Comment