Monday, December 30, 2013

WINTER


It's only officially been winter for 9 days and I am all set.  We've already:
  • Plummeted into the single digits multiple days
  • Seen more than a foot of snow
  • Had to navigate our way over ice - both the standard and the black versions
  • Ordered tank of oil after tank of oil
  • Written multiple checks to the plow guy
And guess what?  More snow arrives this week, apparently.  Models range from 6 inches to 4 FEET.  

I know.  I moved to New England.  I wanted snow.  I wanted seasons.  Living in picturesque, perfect San Luis Obispo, CA falls on deaf ears when you are a kid.  The grass is always greener, isn't it?  

I no longer find this grass green:


I think I'm finding this winter particularly frustrating because it is killing my fitness mojo.  It is too cold and icy and gross to get out and I have yet to join a gym.

I did drop $200 at REI in the middle of the night on Christmas for new trail running sneakers with (apparently) great traction and other assorted cold weather exercise gear.

Maybe I should have ordered snowshoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment