Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thank You, Irene...

For the excuse to bake. We (apparently) made the executive decision to go off of our regularly scheduled food programming today. It's the hurricane's fault. I also needed to go through some of our CSA produce.

First up...zucchini bread. I use the recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. It's okay. It's a very dense bread. I need to play with other recipes to see if I like them any better. Not that we're really eating baked goods these days....(10 months until the wedding).

I shredded a giant zucchini for the bread, and still had two cups leftover. I found a recipe for chocolate zucchini muffins ... they are delicious and were so easy to make. A good way to get rid of the overload of zucchini.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/chocolate-zucchini-muffins/detail.aspx

On an actual healthy I note I found a great recipe that used up zucchini, tomatoes and corn, all things we needed to use up from last week's CSA. Even Dora liked it! And it was so easy to make. The recipe calls for yellow squash but I substituted zucchini.

Braised Yellow Squash, Corn and Tomatoes

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1750,147182-226204,00.html


No comments:

Post a Comment