Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Glee

Glee is by far my favorite show on tv these days. In fact, I can't remember the last time I loved a show so much. They break into song..in the hallways. It's like a little dose of Broadway every week. Does it get better??? No...no it does not.

But my appreciation for the show goes far beyond the music. It embraces the different -- on Glee, you see, different is normal. It's for the theatre nerds and the band geeks and the choir members. The storylines are real, from the bullied to the teased to the confused. Glee has taken a powerful step, introducing the first on screen example of two teen boys falling for each other. It is touchpoints like these that are exceptionally important for the lost souls of high school. This song captures it all perfectly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ59jBudWwQ

Lest you think I go a whole post without mentioning the child -- I am proud to say she too is a lover of Glee. She requests their music in the car, at bedtime, you name it. Tonight she wrote a song in the shower...'for Glee' -- something about rock and roll and fire. Future leader of a grunge band.

No comments:

Post a Comment