Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Down with DST

I don't know about you, but I am seriously taking issue with the time change this year. I don't remember it impacting Arden...or heck...even us like this before, but the last few days have been terrible. I worked at home on Monday in order to crank out some proposals. Being the stellar mother I am, I allowed myself to be cajoled into keeping her home. Who needs kindergarten? In fact, she sneaky devil woke up on her own and went to play in her toy room upstairs. A true case of "maybe if I'm really quiet, they'll forget I'm here and not make me go to school."

Anyway. Monday night bedtime was nearly impossible. She went up around 9 with relative ease, but then an hour later it was "MOM!" ... she finally conked out around 11pm. Woke up around 5 complaining about something and when it was time to get up around 7 this morning...well, let's just say it wasn't pretty.

The GOOD news is she passed out early this evening so hopefully we'll get back on track soon.

Dora and I are both feeling the effects of it this year too. I was wide awake until nearly 3AM last night...so the child's 5AM wake up was, as you can imagine, super welcome.

But, 4ish paragraphs later I digress. While home on Monday, Arden decided to make use of the wonderful bag of tricks a sweet friend gave us for her. I can't decide on a favorite, can you?





No comments:

Post a Comment