Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why yes, it IS 2AM

This post is brought to you in the middle of the night by Continental Airlines. Dora had to go to New Jersey today for a last minute business trip. Apparently, rain cripples the airlines now, and therefore her already absurdly late flight home was delayed two hours and didn't manage to take off until sometime after 11pm.

Being that it was Wednesday, I was working at home. I chose to keep the child home with me today, although I'm relatively certain she was bored out of her tree. I worked, she watched a couple of movies, worked on an art project and played.

Before she left, D called over her shoulder to remind me to water the flowers. I am not what one would call a green thumb. It must skip a generation, given that my mother is so talented in the garden and had the most beautiful roses when we were living in CA. Nevada really only allows for the growing of cactuses (cacti?).

D has always had the wildflower vision for our backyard and each year it comes together even more. These pictures don't do the whole garden justice but they were new bloomers as of today. Or maybe they weren't, but this is the first time I noticed them. Shhh...
Some sort of orange flower!

I love these, as does Arden, who is a big thing of all things fuschia. I think she just likes the word fuschia. Who can blame her?


And some tiny little yellow flowers. I believe that is their formal name.

We also took Lucy to the vet this evening. She needed her annual check up and shots. She didn't enjoy the experience, but she was extremely good. She had her blood drawn, hence the pink bandage. She was pretty annoyed at me for the rest of the evening and would only accept cookies from Arden from the second we walked into the vet all the way through this evening.



Arden workin' on some Curious George games.


1 comment:

  1. The orange ones are daylilies. Gorgeous flowers! The other two I don't know...but I'm so glad to see gardens in bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete