Friday, June 4, 2010

Bound for Oprah's City

In a wacky turn of events, our work worlds are colliding this weekend and both D and I are going to Chicago. Naturally, that left the little issue of where the child would go. Bobby and Mandy have generously agreed to take her for the weekend. Two nights! I realized a couple of days ago that this is the first time the kid and I will be away from each other for that length of time. She's almost 5. I suppose it's about time, huh?

Arden waffles between being incredibly excited ("Mommy, is C making you go to Chicago because she knew I wanted a sleepover at Uncle Bobby and Mandy's house?") to telling us she won't have any parents anymore. Ouch. Last night she came downstairs and told me she'd packed her bag. Inside she'd put a feather boa, a race car and her pirate jammies. Guess she's all ready.

Dora left this morning and I leave tomorrow after gymnastics. I promised Arden she could pick a special activity tonight. Her choice? Baking a cake. Turns out it was for me...she put candles in it and sang Happy Birthday to me. Oh, and the icing on the cake? She told me I turned 23 tonight. I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment