Saturday, March 20, 2010

Just another day in the life

Yesterday ended up being a surprise home day for the kid. I was planning on a work at home day and figured I'd just take her to school where she would get oodles of time outside on the playground thanks to the nice weather. Fast forward to 9AM when we started to back down the driveway and my brakes started to make a not so great noise and then decided to not work so well. Call me conservative but I took a pass on driving it across town to drop her at school. Gert goes in Monday for new brakes. We are grateful to have found mechanics we trust. We often say they are the best thing about living where we do.

In the end, the kid and I hung out at home. I turned the tv to Monsters Inc and let her have run of the oh, 2700 square feet of house while I took my computer to the sunporch to stay out of her way. 3 minutes later she was sitting next to me at the table, working. Someday she won't want to be near me, so I try to appreciate these moments. Try.

She did spend a fair amout of time playing in the backyard with her beach toys and the dog. I should have had her do spring clean up to the yard with her rake! Today is another beautiful day before it drops down to the 50s. And I left California why?

Below are some pictures we took before (attempting) to head to school yesterday. Oh how I wish I'd raised a little Yankees fan.


Skiing down a box. Naturally.


Hi.

With her dog.


Future leader of a grunge band





No comments:

Post a Comment