Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Fine Day

One of my all time favorite movies is One Fine Day.  



I had this fantasy (pre-child, of course) that I would be the kind of mother that Michelle Pfeiffer was -- you know, the juggle it all, NYC career woman yet awesome mother who could make two superhero costumes out of the contents of her giant bag.


Tonight I find myself wishing I was this mother on a whole new level, not in NYC but in the 'burbs of Massachusetts.

Tomorrow is dress up as your favorite cartoon character day at camp.  And apparently, Arden's cartoon character of choice is She-Ra.

                                             

Surprising?  Not exactly.

Anyway, we remember this, naturally, at about 8:30 this evening.  How handy that when Arden turned 4 we had a custom red cape made for her.  And we have white things that can go under said cape.  Still to figure out is the giant golden headpiece that adorns She-Ra's blonde crown.  It is times like this that we would seriously benefit living near my cousin's wife who could whip something fantastic together with her eyes closed.  I'm lookin' at you, Caitlin.

Arden's going to have to find it within herself to go without the tall gold boots.  She-Ra junior doesn't need to break an ankle while scaling a mountain at camp.  And you know she wouldn't let a little heel stop her.

Maybe if I'm brave I'll return tomorrow with photos of ghetto She-Ra.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment