Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Post in Which There is No Rhyme or Reason

Yet another busy week around these parts. We are on the horizon of a major bathroom renovation so have spent the week cleaning the house in preparation for strangers in workboots to take over while we're at the lake. We also met with the folks who are handling the remodel again to pick out tiles and faucet design and lighting etc. I suggested we do my initials in a gold inlay in the floor. It adds flare, don't you think? And probably significant value to the house.

We'll document the renovation, of course...the afters better look a whole lot better than the befores.

A few pictures of the kid...

As usual, she loves to help in the kitchen. Here she is making Mama's lunch. I'm relatively certain she used about a pound of meat, but she was so proud. And I'm not gonna lie, I'll happily let her take over this job when she wants.


We had dinner on our front porch a few nights ago. It had such an impact on Arden that she took it upon herself to decide we were eating out there last night. She even set the table on her own. I found it terribly cute, so I took a picture.


Which leaads me to this picture. She looked at the above photo and told me it was too dark. Her solution? See below. She found her flashlight to add light. I took this picture...her response? "See? Much better." I'm pretty certain she will be a chef/photographer when she grows up. Good thing that Bravo offers reality shows for both.

Tickled to have milk in a goblet.
She's a walking advertisement for my hospital's Harbor Walk & Run.


No comments:

Post a Comment