Monday, May 24, 2010

Love Your Alternative Pollinators...Not "Slimy" & Simply Satisfying :-)



Slimy toad! Toads are NOT slimy.

I hate to say it but E. doesn’t know a good thing when she sees it. Toads spend plenty of time getting rid of insects that annoy the pants right off me, plus, they’re cute and maintenance free.

But just so you don’t all think that the only thing growing in the flower garden this year is my ADORABLE toad friends, I thought I’d share that –


The Poppies are blooming!

Same for the Trinity


See them both together???? Pretty yes?

I like things wild and carefree... of course I have to give thanks to the many critters working hard to keep my flowers coming....

Plus... I like to torture E. with more of my wild pets...

Bumblebee hard at work, they are freakishly tame and I can get as close as I’d like for photos. (No mom I won't try to pet it)



And honeybees are back! Not so tame and tend to run, considering I need them to do some work I had to step back to get this shot... just focus on the colored part and you’ll see her.

I also had a little green bee who was just too busy to snap a cell picture. Gotta give some love to your alternative pollinators with the honeybee crisis going on.

I’m also annoyed with the slugs this year, who don’t rate a photo since they’re eating my Salvia and they’re about to get some natural predator whoop-ass let loose on them. Or I’m going to get ducks and they really like slugs and I really like ducks. Its a win-win ;-)

And now... since she made fun of my toads... and really likes to avoid photos (for what reason?! This is a very cute picture)... one of my new favorites of E and toad-LOVING Arden.


No comments:

Post a Comment